Some people prefer bathtub to shower. It is because, besides as a place to take a bath and clean our body, a bathtub can also be a perfect place for relaxing after work. However, do you know the best way to care and clean your favorite bathtub?
There are various types of bathtubs made from different materials. In this case, how to clean and maintain them also vary. Therefore, you need to know the best way to take care of your bathtub so that it is durable and maintained clean. Furthermore, here is information about how to remove rust from bathtub that you need to know.
How to Remove Rust from Bathtub using Lemon and Salt
Lemon and salt are the perfect ingredients combination for cleaning properties. In this case, you need not doubt their ability to clean rust. Moreover, some of the ingredients you need to clean your bathtub using salt and lemon are as follows.
- two to four lemons
- microfiber cloth
To remove the rust from the bathtub using salt and lemon, you can follow the following steps bellow.
- Squeeze the lemon, then apply to the bathtub area, especially the rusty part.
- Sprinkle salt over the part where you have lemon juice.
- Let stand for four to five hours.
- Scrub the rusted part using a microfiber cloth.
- Scrub also all parts of the tub to be thorough.
- Rinse the tub with clean water to remove all dirt, rust, salt, and lemon juice.
How to Remove Rust from Bathtub using Baking Soda
Besides salt and lemon, baking soda is one of the good cleaning tools. Also, it is quite effective to overcome the unpleasant odor and rust in your bathtub. Here are the ingredients you need to clean the rust using baking soda.
- five to ten tablespoon of baking soda
- microfiber cloth
Next, here are the steps you can take to remove rust from the bathtub using baking soda.
- Mix baking soda and water to form a paste. You can adjust the amount of pasta you make with the size of the area you want to clean.
- Spread the baking soda paste to all areas of the tub, mainly the rust.
- Leave it overnight.
- Scrub the paste using microfiber the next day.
- Rinse the remnants of baking soda paste from your bathtub.
- If you feel that you are not completely clean, you can repeat this process as needed.
How to Remove Rust from Bathtub using Elbow Grease
You can also use the cleaning screen to remove rust from the bathtub. Compared to the two previous methods, this method may require greater effort. However, this method is worth trying. You’ll need:
- cleaning screen
Meanwhile, to clean the rust from your bathtub, you can follow the following steps bellow.
- Wet your cleaning screen using water, then let it sit for one to two minutes.
- Rub the cleaning screen into the stained or rusty part of the bathtub slowly.
- Repeat these steps until all the stains and rust are gone.
- Rinse the bathtub with water.
How to Remove Rust from Bathtub using Hydrogen Peroxide
Another ingredient that is also effective in eradicating rust is hydrogen peroxide. You can easily buy it at a pharmacy or chemical store. With this method, the ingredients that you need as a mixture are:
- hydrogen peroxide
- tartar cream
- nylon scouring pads
Furthermore, to get rid of rust quickly, here are the steps you need to do.
- Pour hydrogen peroxide onto the rust stain.
- Sprinkle tartar cream on top of hydrogen peroxide.
- Leave for 30 minutes.
- Rub using nylon scouring pads.
- Rinse with water until all the dirt and rust are removed.
- Repeat these steps until the bathtub is completely clean.
Those are how to remove rust from the bathtub that you can try. Every ingredient above has advantages and disadvantages.In this case, you need to be patient if you find it difficult to clean the rust that has hardened.
Besides, you can also try to combine ingredients or do the experiment as you like to find the most efficient way to clean it.In essence, do not forget to clean the bathtub after you use it so that no dirt settles and will prevent the appearance of rust on the tub.