People love spending time on the patio and want to decorate it. The string lights do not only serve as decorations but will also be a perfect light source for your patio while making sure you do not have to add a lot of other lights to the patio, and it is energy efficient as well.
Most times, there are string lights available that are not the exact size that you need. Sometimes you might need to cut them.
How to Cut the Patio String Lights?
Do you have a patio string light that is longer than your requirement? Then you will have to cut it. But can you really cut the patio string light? Well, that is definitely possible and not a difficult task.
But how to cut it? Well, that’s the main question.
Start with removing the patio string light from the power supply. Do not forget this step. To ensure safety, you must make sure you are detaching the string light from the electric supply.
Now, everything else is simple and easy. Each bulb on the string lights is connected in a parallel format providing 120 volts to each bulb or varying as per the voltage of the string light.
Now when you are removing the strand or a piece of string light, you will need to remove the battery pack and cut the piece or the length that you need to remove.
Well, you will now have to secure the connection and make sure you close the connection and secure it properly.
- You will have to use the heat shrink that you can further slide over the open wire. Lastly, what you need to do is to twist the over ends of both wires together and secure the connection after twisting both ends.
- Once that is done, you can use the tape to secure the connection. It’s good to use now! Connect to the electric supply now and find out if it is working properly.
- You can also use waterproof connectors as well which is comparatively a lot safer to use. Especially when you are using the string lights outdoors, you will have to be a bit more cautious when working with and cutting the string lights.
- Whether you have to remove a few bulbs or you need to remove a big chunk from the string lights, safety has to be a priority.
- Once the lights are at the right size and all set, you can now spend a good time outdoors while enjoying the calming and cool environment and the ultimate serenity of nature.
However, you must also keep in mind that you are getting string light that is comparatively closer to the length that you need. It will save you a lot of hassle. Safety precautions need to be taken when cutting the string light and making it shorter.
You can also decorate your patio with fairy lights and have a dreamy candlelight dinner with your better half and cherish this sweet memory always.
More from Materialsix.com:
- 15 Gorgeous Enclosed Patio Ideas & Designs
- How Much Does It Cost to Convert Screened Porch to Sunroom?
- How to Keep Bees Away From Porch, Deck, Patio and House
- How Long Does Porch Paint Take To Dry? (Explained)
I’m a passionate home and garden enthusiast and the founder of Materialsix Home. With over 10 years of experience in the field, I’ve cultivated a deep love for all things related to home improvement, gardening, and interior design.